Sherry Enterprises/Schwerpunkt (1998)
Country of Origin:
20-page magazine, 12 scenarios on cardstock inserts. Reprinted-post 2000 with revised scenario card artwork.
Schwerpunkt Volume 3 (SP3), Schwerpunkt’s third outing, was another standard offering.
In terms of article content, SP3 contained, in addition to its usual designers’ and players’ notes, a short article on AFV vs. AFV combat in ASL by Evan Sherry and an article on “psychological warfare” in ASL, also by Sherry.
SP3’s scenarios are varied:
- France 1940 (British vs. Germans)
- Eritrea 1941 (British vs. Italians)
- Egypt 1941 (New Zealanders vs. Germans)
- Soviet Union 1941 (Soviets vs. Germans), 1944 (Soviets vs. Germans)
- Biak 1944 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- Italy 1944 (Americans vs. Germans)
- France 1944 (British vs. Germans)
- Germany 1945 (Americans vs. Germans ), British vs. Germans)
- Manchuria 1945 (Soviets vs. Japanese)
As is typical for Schwerpunkt, the scenarios are heavily weighted towards late-war actions.
SP25 (Two Pounts in Return) is a rare (for Schwerpunkt) desert scenario, as is SP32 (Over Open Sights) (the latter is only three turns long!).
This issue contains a number of good scenarios. Particularly recommended are SP29 (Schloss Bübingen), SP30 (Evicting Yamagishi, a Japanese vs. Soviet scenario), SP33 (The Eternal City), the classic SP34 (Frankforce), and SP36 (Desantniki). It is one of the better issues of Schwerpunkt.
Leave A Reply