Sherry Enterprises/Schwerpunkt (2002)
Country of Origin:
24-page magazine, 12 scenarios on cardstock inserts
The “resurrection” of Schwerpunkt continued in 2002 with Schwerpunkt Volume 8 (SP8), which looked and felt much like volumes 1-7.
SP8 contained, in addition to the standard designers’ and players’ notes, a lengthy article on Red Army manpower and firepower by Brook White.
The 12 scenarios included a range of actions:
- Burma 1942 (Gurkhas vs. Japanese)
- Soviet Union 1944 (Soviets vs. Germans)
- Eniwetok 1944 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- Yugoslavia 1944 (Yugoslav partisans vs. Germans)
- France 1944 (Poles vs. Germans)
- Belgium 1944 (Americans vs. Germans )
- Hungary 1945 (Soviets vs. Germans )
- Germany 1945 (Soviets vs. Germans , British vs. Germans)
Unsurprisingly, the scenario mix reflects the Schwerpunkt bias towards late-war actions, but even more so than usual.
The eighth volume of Schwerpunkt is not as jam-packed as its predecessor with classic scenarios, but it does contain two all-time classics, SP95 (Burn Gurkha Burn!) and SP96 (Husum Hotfoot), both extremely popular and well-balanced scenarios. SP95 is one of Schwerpunkt’s best scenarios.
Other good scenarios include SP86 (Bridge at Stavelot) and SP89 (Assaulting Tes).