Country of Origin:
48-page magazine, with 10 scenarios as magazine pages
The third issue of Tactiques continues the high levels of physical quality established by the first two issues. Released in December 1992, this issue provides a focus on Merrill’s Marauders, with articles on its history and organization. There is also a detailed OBA flowchart and guide, a weather play aid (oddly, in English), a scenario setup play aid, an article on a chaplain SMC (presumably humorous), and other odds and ends.
The scenarios represent a variety of actions:
- TAC21 L’infanterie attaque / The Infantry Attacks. Belgium 1940 (Belgians vs. Germans)
- TAC22 Ils tiraient sur Odessa… /They Fired on Odessa… Soviet Union 1941 (Soviets vs. Romanians)
- TAC23 Bain de minuit a Tobrouk /Midnight Bath at Tobruk. Libya 1942 (British vs. Italians). (Desert) (Amphibious)
- TAC24 Un coin d’enfer /Hell’s Corner. Guadalcanal 1942 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- TAC25 Nella Nebbia /Nella Nebbia. Italy 1943 (Italians vs. Germans)
- TAC26 Orange a Walawbum /Orange at Walawbum. Burma 1944 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- TAC27 Jusqu’au bout de leurs forces /Last of their Strength. Burma 1944 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- TAC28 Il etait une petite colonne… /There Once Was a Little Column. Belgium 1944 (Americans vs. Germans)
- TAC29 La crete de Kakazu /Kakazu Ridge. Okinawa 1945 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- TAC30 Yae Dake / Yae Dake. Okinawa 1945 (Americans vs. Japanese)
The scenarios include among them several nice choices, such as TAC22 (Ils Tiraient sur Odessa/They Fired on Odessa), which later became an official ASL scenario (A81), as well as TAC26 (Orange à Walawbum/Orange at Walawbum), TAC28 (Il Était une Petite Colonne…/There Once Was A Little Column), and TAC30 (Yae Dake).
English translations of the scenarios can be downloaded here.
Leave A Reply