Country of Origin:
48-page magazine, including 8 scenarios as magazine pages; PBDYO rules, 2 PBDYO nationality charts, 2 PBDYO scenarios, sheet of overlays (railroads and the Reichstag)
The theme of Tactiques #8 is the fall of Berlin in April 1945 and it includes several articles on this “last act” in Europe. There is also a lengthy article on air support and a scenario overview.
This issue also provided more materials for the PBDYO (Platoon Based Design Your Own) system, essentially a purchase-based DYO system inspired by campaign games introduced in Tactiques #7. That issue had PBDYO information for the Italians and the French in Tunisia in 1942-43. Tactiques #8 includes the main PBDYO rules. It also provides the required nationality charts for the Germans and the Soviets on the East Front in 1945. Included also are two PBDYO “scenarios,” PBDYO TAC1 (Le Ciel Et La Boue), set in Tunsia in 1942 between Free French and Italians, and PBDYO TAC2 (Les Sentiers de La Gloire), taking place in Germany in 1945 between the Soviets and the Germans.
This issue did not have any outstanding scenarios, but worth trying is TAC64 (Tenez vos Positions!/Hold Your Ground!).
- TAC 59 La Bataille Du Rail / The Railway Battle. Belgium 1940 (French vs. German)
- PBDYO TAC1 Le Ciel et la Boue / Sky and Mud. Tunisia 1942 (Free French vs. Italian)
- TAC60 Partie De Campagne / Country Party. France 1940 (British vs. German)
- TAC61 Des Fantomes Dans La Jungle / Phantoms in the Jungle. Guam 1944 (Americans vs. Japanese)
- TAC62 Panzers Marsch! / Panzers Forward! Poland 1944 (Soviets vs. Germans)
- TAC63 Un Train Pour Arnhem / A Train for Arnhem. Netherlands 1944 (British/Americans vs. Germans)
- TAC64 Tenez Vos Positions! / Hold Your Ground! France 1945 (Free French vs. Germans)
- PBDYO TAC2 Les Sentiers de la Gloire / The Path of Glory.
- TAC65 Le Dernier Pont / The Last Bridge. Germany 1945 (Soviets vs. Germans)
- TAC66 L’Ultime Assaut / The Last Assault. Germany 1945 (Soviets vs. Germans)
English translations of the scenarios and PBDYO can be downloaded here.