Sherry Enterprises/Schwerpunkt (1999)
Country of Origin:
24-page magazine, 12 scenarios on cardstock inserts. Reprinted post-2000 with revised scenario card artwork.
The fourth volume of Schwerpunkt, SP4, contained the first of Brook White’s historical articles, on France and the French Army in World War II and ASL, as well as the usual round of designers’ and players’ notes.
It also contained the usual 12 scenarios on varied actions, including:
- Poland 1939 (Poles vs. Germans)
- France 1940 (British vs. Germans)
- Tunisia 1942 (French/British/Americans vs. Germans), 1943 (Americans vs. Italians)
- Italy 1944 (Americans vs. Germans)
- Burma 1944 (British vs. Japanese)
- France 1944 (Americans vs. Germans, French partisans vs. Germans)
- Germany 1945 (Americans vs. Germans , Soviets vs. Germans)
- Kashmir 1948 (Indians vs. pro-Pakistani partisans)
SP37 (Last Stand at Iserlon) is very rare Schwerpunkt monster scenario, featuring 32 American squads (with tons of SW) and 4 AFVs vs. 30 German squads (also loaded for bear) and 3 AFVs. SP44 (Sufferin’ Sudfrankreich) is an equally rare Schwerpunkt glider scenario. SP46 (Give Them Some Steel!) is a desert scenario featuring the rare desert pairing of Americans vs. Italians.
SP4 contains a lot of fun scenarios, including the much-played SP43 (Deadeye Smoyer). Also good are SP37 (Last Stand at Iserlon), SP38 (Led to the Slaughter), SP39 (Down the Manipur Road), SP40 (Stand at Festubert), SP41 (Bloody Gulch), and SP44 (Sufferin’ Sudfrankreich). Overall, it was a pretty good issue of Schwerpunkt.